Saturday, June 14, 2008

a gathering of horse...

Seen here is the first of the painted cavalry. I'm not real happy with the buff coat. Too yellow, methinks. Finding cavalry figures may be the biggest challenge of this entire project. Call to Arms makes two types, an 'Ironside' and a Haslerigge 'lobster'. Luckily there's four poses of each--at least of the riders. I do feel the need to find some more active horses for these figures. The challenge is also true for finding mounted command figures. There are some truly exquisite 54mm figures available for the period. But they also have exquisite prices! And I have to face it: part of the reason I'm doing this in 54mm plastic is to avoid the cost. I may end up doing more conversions than I had originally intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment