Sunday, January 23, 2022

lost in the woods... again...

 February is quickly approaching and I've done very little gaming wise. Though, I did decide that 2022 would be the year where I upgrade my game terrain. Consequently, the little forest of Woodland Scenics trees that I've been hauling around the country for the past 20 years finally received some decent bases. Initially,  these were all individually super-glued to fender washers--and it was clear that they weren't coming off those washers! While individually based trees provided the ultimate in flexibility, they were constantly falling over, especially when placed on sloping hills. About a year ago I made some rocky, rough-going terrain pieces out of old compact discs, so I decided to treat the trees in the same manner.





 

I'm happy with the results but have decided that I need about two or three times as many. Oh, it never ends!

Meanwhile... here are some screenshots of what's been taking up my time lately. Years ago I really enjoyed making ships and planes for simulators and I've recently revisited that. This is my Wright EX (1911) in the open source simulator, 'Flightgear'.




 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment